This year’s winter season is quickly retreating. With the change of season, we will find ourselves outside more often and with that, the UV index becomes more of a risk factor.
During the transition of seasons, our skin requires different care. Here are a few strategies to get you ready for Spring:
- Wear your sunscreen SPF 30+ or higher. Make sure there is at least 9% zinc oxide listed as an active ingredient for maximal protection
- Add an antioxidant every morning (such as TPD’s Vitamin C serum) Studies have shown that an antioxidant serum applied prior to sunscreen potentiates the sunscreen by a factor of four! Extra protection means less UV in your skin and less collagen breakdown over time.
- Eat foods that help restore the skin’s strength such as foods with Vitamin A (spinach, broccoli, eggs, orange and yellow vegetables, and fruits) These foods will give the skin the opportunity to build collagen and even give the skin a rosy glow.
- Consider microneedling with PRP to super stimulate the production of collagen in the skin now that that the long, dry winter days are done. Follow that with a hydrating silk peel to buff the top layer of your skin and infuse deep hydration.
- Shop for UV protective clothing (look for clothing labeled with UPF 50 or greater) including a broad-rimmed hat, especially with longer days and more sun ahead.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to buy a fresh bouquet of flowers to add some fragrance and beauty to your home and lift your spirits!
HAPPY SPRING FROM ALL OF US AT TPD TO ALL OF YOU!